Welcome to “Your Amazing Life” and thanks for being here. We discuss tools and tricks to create an Amazing Life in this blog. There are a few powerful ways you can support us. It would help if you subscribe to us and leave a rating/ review, in it leave your top takeaways from what we talked about, and also interact with the community on the Facebook page. Next, be a hero to your friends and family and share it with them… Lastly, sponsor it. Your support makes a massive difference. Check out the show notes for links to the subjects we discuss and if you have any topics, you would like me to address just put it in the private Facebook group. I want to give a couple shout outs first to weeklyhealthtrends for following me and to my Florida tribe which has grown this week. I appreciate them, growing and sharing the podcast with their friends and family. Let’s get into Your Amazing Life.
Burn out, I’m betting you know what it is. I mean who hasn’t experienced more stress over the last year? Burnout is one of the psychological terms that is familiar to the public. Let’s look back in 2019. You spent 10 to 12 hours a day outside of your house. Your kids were gone each and every day for that same time period. Evenings and weekends you spent with friends and family members. You went to the gym, movie theaters and restaurants. You were busy but mostly happy. Then in March of 2020 everything changed. Maybe you started working or attending school remotely, or having your kids home schooled or just home more, maybe your income dropped or you lost a job. It could have been that you lost people, or just did not have the social network that we had before Covid. It may be that you have not seen one of your best friends for over 1 year. Maybe you are a healthcare worker and you have been working overtime, seeing more death and pain than you had in the past. You could be one of the 61% of adults or the 82% of Generation Z that said they needed more emotional support. WHO (World Health Organization) found in a research study that mental health matters including suicide are likely to become a bigger concern in the near future? They stated they will peak later and last longer than Covid. Burnout is now considered a medical diagnosis by the WHO. What you may not know is “burnout” is a new thing. The term was coined first in 1974 by Herbert Freudenberger in his book The High cost of Achievement. Yet, it is felt on every continent and in every climb. It does not discriminate by race or nationality. Despite being a new term there are so many people that understand it and feel its effects. How has burnout affected you?
Let’s talk about what Burnout is. Burnout is a reaction. That reaction comes from being in a prolonged or chronic state of stress. There are three main dimensions: Exhaustion, cynicism, and feelings of reduced professional ability. If you feel exhausted, hate your job, and begin to feel like you do not have the ability to perform it well. You are exhibiting signs of burnout. Burnout has to do mainly with your job. How many of your waking hours are spent working? If you are normal, at least 2/3rds of them. Work is not the only thing that causes burnout. Personality traits and thought patterns also contribute to the problem. That is why I talk about changing our stories. If we have patterns such as perfectionism and pessimism those stories can take a toll on your life. So, are you reacting to the stresses and problems in your life with the symptoms of burnout?
Let’s get into how burnout feels. You could be feeling frustrated with work, and unhappy about the people you work with and the conditions you work in. Maybe your performance is way down and you find hours going by with very little to show for it. You might have symptoms such as headaches, stomach aches or intestinal issues. Burnout can often cause people to feel drained, unable to cope and tired. How many of those are you feeling? Number one thing is for you to stay here on this earth. I want you here! If you are having suicidal thoughts contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 for support and assistance from a trained counselor. If you or a loved one are in immediate danger, call 911. The number one thing is to stay safe. I care about each of you and want you here so we can be together tomorrow.
I have talked with you about the importance of nutrition in many of our episodes. I have found a clinically proven product that I drink one packet a day and it gives my body all the micronutrients I need. This is an all-natural product you will love. The packet is filled with superfoods and all their nutrients. Best of all it comes with a 100% Money back guarantee, so there is no risk. Many doctors are now recommending this. Start your day like I do with a packet of nutrition. You are going to want to try this. Goto https://kengerber.kyani.com/ Then if you would like to become a business partner contact me. Join me in having Kyani each day to improve your health!
Today we are talking about Burnout. We started with the life changes and lack of support many of you are experiencing. We talked about Burnout being a reaction to the things that are going on in our lives. Burnout is mostly centered around jobs, which is where we spend most of our day. Then we spoke about how we feel frustrated, unhappy, prone to headaches or stomach aches. I want you here on this earth if you are not wanting to be here, please reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
The way to conquer burnout is by building good habits into our lives. Habits that promote wellness and reduce stress.
- Structure: We need to implement structure into our home and work lives. Structure creates boundaries. Especially if you are working from home. If your life is similar to others your work probably bleeds over into your lunchtime and past the time when you would have left the office to go home. Maybe you feel guilty if you don’t respond to work emails in the evening and on the weekends. It is important that you have time set aside for different parts of your life and they do not get done at the same time. Our lives are like a jigsaw puzzle. Work is one puzzle, home is another. How effective would you be at either if you had them both out at the same time on the same table? Each of these need separate space and time. When you are ready to move from one to the other box the one you are working on up. You can keep the pieces you have put together. But close up the box, put it on the shelf in your mind and pull out the other one and concentrate only on the puzzle in front of you.
- Take Breaks: You cannot always be on. When you are in the office you often take time at the water cooler or lunch room, maybe hanging out in someone else’s office which provides a break from the activity. You need the same thing at home. Work in 60-to-90-minute chunks. Put away the puzzle that you were working on and move on to the next one.
- Connection: The thing most of us want to do when we are burnt out is to isolate but this is the one thing that makes it worse. We need to connect with others. If you are burnt out it is a horrible time to isolate. Human beings are social beings and we need that connection to feel healthy and happy. We are hardwired to be connected. For extra support contact me! I would love to talk with and find out more about you.
- Movement: Working out, walking, hiking, running if you prefer. It really doesn’t matter what the movement is and only slightly matters where it is. The big thing is to move. Whatever you want to do and wherever you do it. It is better that you do something than not doing anything.
- Control what you can: Remember you are the driver; you control how fast and where. You cannot control road closures, roadblocks, breakdowns and potholes. You cannot control all that happens to you. But as we said in episode number 213, there is no situation that you cannot exert some control over. Control what you think and feel. The biggest way to be a solution is to take control over your stories, thoughts, and labels.
Are you stuck on a treadmill? If you are tired of suffering, beating up on yourself, and doing it over and over again; Do you want to struggle less and enjoy more? If you want a truly amazing life that is connected and complete, you need the “you have value program” If you are willing to make some changes, be kind to yourself, or stop chasing comfort. I would love to help you to create who you are actually capable of becoming. Contact me, email@example.com.
“Next time you’ll hear the newest info on PTSD and it’s treatment…
I want each of you to know I appreciate each and every one of you. My friends, this podcast is about you. If something I said resonated with you, I would love to hear about it. By following me you get to hear about me, my dreams, my goals. You get to know me, hear what I’m thinking and learning about. Well, I want to hear from you. I want to know what is going on for you. The ways you can tell me about what you are learning about and going through are: #1 you can talk with me on the Facebook Group or #2 set up a time to talk with me so you can tell me about who you are and what you want. #3 Sponsor some of the episodes that have made the biggest difference for you. #4 If you haven’t yet, please subscribe to this podcast and leave a rating and review. I would love to discuss how you can use these tools and others to get your amazing life!